Looking for a new experience?
Are you interested in help others? Meeting new people? As a Lion, you will use your time and talents to make an impact locally and around the world. Through experiences as a Lion, you will acquire new skills, meet challenges head on, cultivate lasting friendships and discover more about yourself. Volunteering your time not only helps those in need, but also give you a sense of pride and accomplishment that comes from deep within.
Looking for volunteer opportunities that fit your lifestyle?
Do you want to pursue a leadership role? Would you rather just lend a helping hand when needed? Lions membership offers extensive opportunities for the kind of volunteer experience you desire. You have the option to work on projects that interest you and to undertake leadership roles of your choice.
What can you do as a Lion?
Lions Clubs International has what you are looking for – an opportunity to help people, broaden your horizons and fulfill your goals. Lions membership offer you an amazing spectrum of possibilities. Projects can vary from cleaning up your neighborhood park to helping end river blindness in Africa. Lions clubs provide extensive opportunities for men and women to learn and grow while serving locally and internationally. Lions continue to:
- address needs that are often unmet in their communities, such as teaching life skills to school children, building playgrounds and homes and supporting the elderly.
- assist the blind and visually impaired by providing preventive screenings, offering resources and equipment.
- reach out to youth through mentoring and educational programs.
- raise awareness of health care issues such as diabetes, hearing loss and vision impairment.
- provide disaster relief, including food supplies and healthcare screenings.
- work collectively and individually to build stronger communities.
Interested in Lions membership?
Membership is by invitation. Contact a local Lion and let them know you are interested in becoming a member and want to attend a meeting or service project to learn more.
Monthly regular meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Monday at 7pm with Board meetings on the 2nd Monday at 7pm at the Denair Community Center – 3850 N. Gratton Road.